Sunday, April 8, 2012

The first post + March wrap up

Hi there Blogosphere!

For a while I've wanted to start a book blog. I love to read and I love to share the amazing books I read with everyone. So, as I lay here watching TV I decided it was about time I started the book blog I've wanted for a while.

For my first post I decided that I would do a quick wrap up of the books that I read in March. I didn't read too much in March. I've been tackling Game of Thrones by Geroge R.R Martn and It has been taking up most of my reading time. The books that I did manage to read are:

The Giver by Lois Lowery. Dystopian is one of my favourite Genres and I have heard this book described as one of the first. I gave this book 3 stars. I thought the idea of this book was a good one. However I found myself bored with this book. The first half of the book seemed to drag on and I felt myself feeling nothing for the characters. I did really enjoy the ending of this book and that was why I rated it 3 stars.

The Field Guide (Spiderwick chronicles book 1) by Holly Black. I've had the entire set of these books for a while. I felt like I needed a short break from Game of Thrones so I picked up this one. This book is cute and I could see it being appealing to a younger audience (for which it is aimed). I feel if i read the complete series I would've enjoy this book more. It is a simple setup for the rest of the series. I twas still enjoyable and well written. The idea for the story is very imaginative and I look forward to reading the rest of this series, I also rated this book 3 stars.

And the last book for March, Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This is a retelling of Cinderella, involving futuristic cyborgs, hover cars and other such things. The second I started reading this book I was captivated. I found that it was interesting that the "prince" was approachable in this book, it made you insantly love the character. You could also feel Cinders pain when she described how she felt at being a cyborg. The only thing that disappointed me ith this book, is one of the main plot points was very predictable. I could see it comming a mile away. Thankfully this did not steer my enjoyment of this book. I gave this book 4 stars. I can't believe we have to wait until next year for the next installment of this book.

Like I said this was a disappointing month reading wise for me. But hopefully April will be much better.

Until next time.
May the odds be ever in your favor!

Manda
(The Glittery Nerd)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...