Friday, May 3, 2013

Music for my life

Hi there Blogosphere,

I've always been a huge music buff. I've played the piano since I was 6, I played the flute in the school band and I dabbled in guitar, drums and many other instruments and I sing. People always told me that I would get over listening to music and especially listening to the new music being released. They may be right, but so far at age 28, this is not the case.

Music for me is a release, and inspirations and sometimes even a motivation. Something that I hope will always be apart of my life. My parents shared their music with me, which explains my love for bands such as Queen, and I hope to share the same when I have children.

I think it's amazing and beautiful the way music can shape your mood and can help clear the mind to allow new thoughts. The drive home from work, when I'm singing my heart in the car to my favorite songs, clears away the days stresses. Listening to that sad song that brings a tear to your eyes, can help release those sad feelings, sometimes you just need to cry.

Currently music is helping me put together ideas for the book I would like to write. A lot of the inspiration is coming from Linkin Park, one of my favorite bands. I was just listening to a song and it made me think of the character saying those words and immediately a story began to take shape.

Bit of a random gathering of thoughts in this blog and when i sat down to write this blog, the above was not what i was originally thinking. In future posts/ youtube videos, I'll talk further about my favorite songs, my inspirational songs and the songs that make the day go by faster.

What does music mean to you?


Until next time
May the odds be ever in your favor

Manda
(The Glittery Nerd)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...