Monday, January 11, 2016

Music Monday: My Top 10 of 2015

Hi There Blogosphere,

There is going to be a new monthly feature on my blog, and its called Music Monday. Music Monday will be a playlist put together of the songs that i've listened to the most during the month, all the music i listen to is scrobbled through my last.fm account which i've had since 2006. I thought i would start off with my top 10 most listen to songs of 2015. I've included a spotify playlist so you can listen along.




  1. Carry On Wayward Son - Vivien Armour, Alyssa Lynch, Kelli Ogmundson, Katie Sarife, Rachel Warkentin, Nina Winkler & Jay Gruska - Number of Plays - 5
    • Features in Supernatural's 200th episode "Fan Fiction"
    • The girls that sang this did such an amazing job. I love the slower version of this song compared to the original (which i also adore), i love singing along.

  2. Let it Go - Indina Menzel - Number of Plays 32
    • Featured in Disney's Frozen
    • I know people are sick of this song but i can't help but sing this song at the top of my lungs every time. I may even be guilty of repeating to sing it again. 

  3. Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park - Number of Plays - 31
    • Originally found on "Meteora" by Linkin Park
    • I do consider Linkin Park on of my favourite bands, and Meteora is my favourite album of theirs. This song is the best to sing loudly while stuck in traffic. 

  4. Fight Song - Rachel Platten - Number of Plays - 31
    • Rachel Platten's best known song. 
    • Who doesn't love to sing an empowering song out loud?

  5. Kiss You - One Direction - Number of Plays - 29
    • Originally found on "Take Me Home" by One Direction
    • Fun Fact: i originally heard a cover of this song sang by Luke Conard and Joey Graceffa on YouTube before i heard the original, i fell in love with that version and decided that i should hear the original. 

  6. Castle - Halsey - Number of Plays - 28
    • Originally found on "Bad Lands" by Halsey
    • I have to thank Whitney from Whitty Novels on YouTube for introducing me to Halsey. Her dark, alternative style gets me everytime. 

  7. All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor - Number of plays - 26
    • Originally found on "Title" By Meghan Trainor
    • I have to admit i was hooked from first listen. I liked that the song was spreading body positivity, and was catchy as all hell. 

  8. FU - Miley Cyrus - Number of Plays - 24
    • Orginally found on "Bangerz" by Miley Cyrus
    • I will admit that i'm sometimes not crazy about some of the things Miley Cyrus does, but at least she is being Miley and this song is a great song for when you're mad at somebody, sing this out loud and you'll feel a little better. 

  9. Living on a Prayer - Alex Goot - Number of Plays 23
    • Originally sung by Bon Jovi. 
    • Alex Goot as got to be one of the most talented people on YouTube. He has never put a song out that i haven't liked (honestly, i have liked some of his covers better than the original)

  10. Rock Me - One Direction  - Number of Plays 21

    • Originally found on "Take Me Home" by One Direction

    • Can we all tell i had a thing for One Direction Last year.
So there you have it. My 10 most listened to tracks from 2015. I'll be playing around with the style of these post's. Let me know if you liked the little snippets of why i listened to certain songs, or should i just list the songs? 


What is your favourite song at the moment? Maybe i can find some more music to add to my list. 


Until Next Time
May the Odds be ever in Your Favour


Manda
(The Glittery Nerd) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...